Download my Spider
Solitaire game for Windows with full Visual C++ source code
View the site for my Nintendo DS game (moved here because the original site has been down).
US Citizen currently in Manchester, U.K. area
e-mail: sharan at sgvgames.com
Languages and APIs:
Unreal Engine 2/3/4
Torque (TGE, TGEA, TGB)
Various Proprietary engines
XNA Game Studio Express
|PC (DOS, Windows (3.X/95/98))
|| Atari ST
|| IBM Mainframe
Published Game Titles
|Squadron 42 (PC)
||Star Citizen (PC)
||Hood: Outlaws and Legends (PC/Console)
|Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XBox One)
||Game of Thrones: Beyond The Wall (iOS/Android)
||Dead by Daylight (Switch)
|Terminator Resistance (iOS)
||Bioshock Collection (XBox One/PS4)
|Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
||Medal of Honor Warfighter
||Shrek the Third (Windows PC)
|Star Wars Galaxies: Complete Online Adventures (Bonus DVD)
||Mavis Beacon Schools
||Mavis Beacon Keyboarding Kidz
|Flash AS3 version demo of Mevo and the Grooveriders
||Rewrote Vine Swing game on Ty Beanie Babies site
||Various other flash games on Ty Beanie Babies and Ty Girlz sites
|Worked on Flash game for Hallmark Rainbow Brite.
||National Geographic DogTown
- Senior UI Programmer - Cloud Imperium Games (October 2021-April 2022)
- C++ Ui Programming in CryEngine for Star Citizen and Squadron 42
- Senior UI Programmer - Sumo Digital (January 2021-July 2021)
- C++/UMG UI Programming in Unreal Engine 4 for Hood: Outlaws & Legends.
- System Programmer - Behaviour Interactive (June 2018-September 2019)
Senior UI Developer (Contract) (February 2018-May 2018)
- UI Programming for Dead By Daylight (Switch)
- Developed and documented Toast Notification system for Dead By Daylight (all platforms)
- UI Integration in Unity for Game of Thrones: Beyond The Wall (mobile).
- UI Programming in C++ and Scaleform for Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Wrote documentation on the existing UI system.
- Author/Technical Reviewer - Packt Press (November 2017-July 2019)
- Reviewed book Getting Started With React VR for errors and clarity
- Wrote 2nd edition of Learning C++ by Creating Games with UE4
- Unity UI Programmer - C2K (December 2017-January 2018)
- Programmed interactive touchscreen kiosk for Toyota for the auto show in Unity.
- Programmer - University of Southern California (January 2017-May 2017)
- Developed procedural audio w/ MIDI modifiable based on game events (started in Unity, switched to UE4)
- Team was selected to participate in USC Gamepipe Demo Showcase
- Programmer – Contract (November 2015-December 2016)
Clients included: Mogol, Milo Digital, Kite & Lightning.
- Started building UI in Coherent. Blueprint scripting and C++ in Unreal Engine 4 for VR game.
- Implemented updates, new features, & bug fixes in Actionscript 3/Air/Starling on Terminator Resistance (iOS)
- Greatly enhanced functionality of customer service tool for game using PHP/AWS/Riak.
- Managed AI/Pathfinding fixes to substantially improve performance
- Programmer - Blind Squirrel Games (June 2015-October 2015)
- UI Programming in C++, Unrealscript, and Actionscript on unannounced title (Xbox One/PS4/PC).
- Programmer II (UI) - Sony Online Entertainment (November 2013-April 2015)
- UI Programming in Actionscript/Scaleform, Lua, and XML on the Landmark/Everquest Next team.
- C++ programming and creation of a simple datasource for an update to the Teleport UI in Landmark
- Fixing bugs in Actionscript, Lua, XML, and C++ and redirecting bugs that weren’t in my area to the appropriate people.
- Working with designers, artists, programmers, producers, and QA to make the best UI possible.
- UI Engineer - Marquee Productions (April 2013-July 2013)
- UI Programming in Actionscript/Scaleform, Unrealscript, and some C++ in the Unreal Engine.
- Converting existing AS2 2 widgets to AS, and building AS3 library for FlashDevelop utilizing Scaleform CLIK Controls.
- Building Unrealscript classes to handle interaction with the Scaleform widgets.
- UI Scripter - Electronic Arts (Danger Close Games) (March 2012-January 2013)
- Actionscript 2 Scaleform programming for Medal of Honor Warfighter
- C++ and Actionscript 2 Scaleform programming for Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
- Game Developer - Asvathaa (February 2011-March 2012)
- AS3 (Flash Develop) and PHP programming on Karma Kingdom Facebook game
- Built systems using Facebook API for handling all requests and wall posts
- Part Time Faculty – The Art Institute of California (Santa Monica) (July 2010-June 2011)
- Taught Fundamentals of Programming (C++) in Game Programming degree
- Taught Artificial Intelligence and Physics, Winter 2011
- Taught Advanced Artificial Intelligence, Spring 2011
- Part Time Faculty – The Art Institute of California (Inland Empire) (April 2011-June 2011)
- Taught Fundamentals of Authoring (Actionscript) and User Interface Design 2
- Game Programmer (Contract) - Collision Studios (December 2009-February 2011)
- Actionscript 2 Flash Game programming on National Geographic DogTown game (PC download and web demo version) - Took existing game, cleaned it up, fixed the bugs, and got it ready to ship
- C++ and Lua game programming on game update (Mavis Beacon Keyboarding Kidz) using the Playground SDK - Updated to the latest version of the SDK, fixed bugs related to the update, and made UI updates
- C++/Lua programming/bug fixes using the Playground SDK on Mavis Beacon Schools
- Comtract Game Developer (June 2009-February 2011)
- Clients include: Animax Entertainment, Popkiller Games, Zack Ford
- Flash Actionscript 3 programming/bug fixes on unreleased Facebook game.
- PHP programming for Facebook Neighbor Invites, Gifts
- C++ programming/bug fixes on educational title (in development).
- Actionscript 3 Flash and Back-end Java Game programming on virtual world site.
- Comtract Game Developer - Zero G Games (June 2009-July 2010)
- Actionscript Flash/Flex programming on RepoMen Cometh, Facebook demo game, and various projects.
- PHP programming to inferface with Flash.
- Game Developer - Animax Entertainment (November 2008-June 2009)
- Actionscript 3 Flash Game programming
- Debugging and updating existing Actionscript games and virtual world sites.
- Game Developer - Zero G Games (July 2008-October 2008)
- Actionscript 3 Flash Game programming on Flash demo of "Mevo and the Grooveriders" - Built audio engine, level loading, layout and design, gameplay, asset loading and management, etc.
- Actionscript 3 Flash/Flex programming on various other projects.
- HTML/DHTML Developer - NBC Universal (November 2007-April 2008)
- HTML/XHTML programming for Universal Studios Hollywood website
- Image creation and manipulation in Photoshop and ImageReady
- Game Programmer - Infinite Monkey Factory (August 2006 - November 2007)
- Flash/Actionscript programming for Star Wars Galaxies: Complete Online Adventures bonus DVD-ROM
- Worked on PC port of game for Shrek the Third, released in May '07:
- Integrated FMOD C++ code for audio
- Work on Save/load functionality for game and options saving in C++
- UI programming work in C++ and Lua
- Java programming for online 3d game (cenceled)
- Flash/Java Game Programmer - ISI (February 2006 - August 2007)
- Flash/Actionscript programming for educational games to teach math to K-12 students
- Server-side Java programming for those educational games
- Extensively expanded Java testing code to assist in debugging
- Coordinated communication between Flash and back-end
- Maintenance and updating of MySQL Database
- PHP/MYSQL programming to make web pages easier to maintain
- HTML/DHTML Developer - NBC Universal (July 2005-February, 2006)
- Web Developer, Team One Advertising
(June 2001-June 2005)
- Creating HTML and ASP pages using Homesite, Editpad, and
- Cleaning up existing HTML pages.
- Working with Visual Sourcesafe and Teamsite
- Webmaster, Rockers Online
- Created and designed site, determining its functionality and user
- Doing all site programming in PHP
- Maintaining and updating site in FrontPage 2000 and Cold Fusion
- Creating, designing, and hosting various other sites.
- Senior HTML Programmer, Weddingchannel.com
(Aug. 1999-Apr. 2001)
- San Francisco office Aug. 2000-Apr. 2001
- Hand-coding pages and dynamic templates in Homesite w/ ASP,
- HTML lead on integration with former Della.com site, managing all
HTML related aspects of the project
- Troubleshooting/fixing HTML and image-related browser and server
- Providing support and problem solving assistance to other HTMLers
in both L.A. and S.F offices.
- Managing HTML/image files in Visual SourceSafe/Clear Case and on
IIS/Netscape Application Servers.
- Graphics work in Photoshop and ImageReady when necessary.
- Working with project managers, QA, and Java developers to
determine what issues are HTML and what require changes in the
server-side Java code.
- Created ASP functions to output DoubleClick ads when passed the
- Los Angeles office,
Aug. 1999-Aug 2000
- Hand-coded HTML pages and templates in Cold Fusion Studio making
- Created Flash template to prevent the browser from asking to
install the plugin.
- Did troubleshooting and fixed HTML and image related browser and
- Pushed files to various test servers and the live site.
- HTML lead on http://Bloomingdales.WeddingChannel.com
- managed all HTML aspects of the original launch and used extensive
DHTML to satisfy Bloomingdale’s requirements.
- Served as primary support for junior HTML Programmers.
- Freelance Writer, Music.com (Sept.
- Wrote music reviews and articles.
- Integrator/Developer, The Bank of New York (Apr. 98-Jun. 99)
- Designed/produced a prototype corporate training web site w/
animation, HTML help authoring, general PC troubleshooting, desktop publishing,
Windows help file production, etc.
- Freelance Integrator, Doubleclick
- Produced HTML and basic web graphics
- Communication Computer Lab, Florida State University
- Lab Manager -- Management, Lab Scheduling, Installation, Technical Support
- PPSI Software (Nov. 95-Aug. 96)
- Technical Writer/Web Page Developer
- Various Editorial Positions (8/92-8/96)
- Science Fiction Chronicle
- Editorial Assistant (Part Time) -- General Assistance
- Thomas Publishing (Thomas Register of
- Assistant Editor -- Editing, Proofreading, Data Entry (started as temp, hired full time)
- SEC Online
- Copy Marker -- Reformatting and Tagging Electronic Documents
- American Institute of Physics
- Freelance Copy Editor -- Copy Editing, Copy Marking; Production Editor Trainee -- Copy
Editing, Copy Marking, Other Assistance
- Creem Magazine
- Editorial Assistant (Intern) -- Editing, Proofreading, Writing, Fact
||RepoMen Cometh game for Repo Men movie. Flash/Actionscript 3 programming to enhance and extend existing engine.
||National Geographic DogTown game. Flash/Actionscript 2 programming on downloadable game (Zinc) and flash demo version..
||Worked on updating UI, debugging virtual world and games.
||Worked on debugging virtual world and games. Rebuilt Vine Swing game from early source code
||Worked on Flash demo of "Mevo and the Grooveriders" - Built audio engine, level loading, layout and design, gameplay, asset loading and management, etc.
||Worked on Flash Actionscript and server-side Java back-end programming for both AnimalWatch and Wayang Outpost games to teach math to K-12 students.
||Built initial templates, HTML, and majority of pages for recent redesign (and the one before that)
||Built initial templates, HTML, and majority of pages for recent redesign
||Worked on various areas, particularly the showroom
||Put together Volume 5 based on the same style as
||Personal site. Includes various sub-pages
||Page on how musicians are using the Internet to contact
their fans. Includes over 200 artists. Final project for M.S. in
Communication. Redesigned entire site to use ASP/Access database.
||Small page for book on "How to Become a Spare Time
||Created pages listing international companies they sell
||Wrote music reviews and articles
||Wrote online catalog
Programmer: worked on articles, Fashion, Shopping Registry, and other
pages, did HTML for store and Go top navbars..
Created HTML pages and dynamic templates, DHTML (Top Navbar, Shopping
page, right aligning background image), adding Flash. Worked with
Bloomingdale's designer to create and maintain site standards, etc.
Education And Honors
- B.S. in Computer Science, University of Southern California (Graduated May '09)
- Dean's List (4.0 GPA), Fall '04), Fall '06, Spring '07
- Certificate in Applications Programming program, UCLA Extension
(Graduated Dec. '02)
- Classes in C, C++, Visual Basic, UML, Java, Windows Programming, Windows 2000 Server, Relational
Database Management, Client Server Computing and Software Project Management
- GameInstitute.com classes (Intro to C/C++)
- Completed Official Macromedia training: Fast Track to Flash and Actionscript (full week)
- M.S. in Communication, emphasis in "Interactive and New Communication Technologies" from Florida State
University (Graduated December, 1997)
- M.S. in Publishing Program, Pace University (completed except for thesis)
- B.A. - Liberal Studies (English, Media Arts and Philosophy), SUNY Stonybrook
(Graduated December, 91)
- Former Member of Mensa
- Regents Diploma with Honors, Plainview-Old Bethpage High School, Plainview, N.Y.
(Graduated June, 87)
- WUSB 90.1 FM
Stonybrook, NY (88-92)
- Disc Jockey; Engineer; Interviewer/Story Reader for Destinies;
Producer/Engineer/Host/Founder of Local Rock (Sent in World Bang, winner of Snickers New
- Online chat moderator - Genie Science Fiction Round Table
- Sold story "A Late Night Snack" to the Dark
Rapture anthology from Dark Raptor Press.
- Associate member, Horror Writers Association
- Member, Los Angeles Music Network
- Member, Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society
- Member, Greater Los Angeles Writers Society
- Member, International Game Developers Association
- Member, Game Audio Network Guild
- Newsflashes (Martin Van Buren High School ESL Newspaper) (Fall/Winter, 1991/92)
- Technical Advisor (Desktop Publishing)
- Editor of NYPIRG Newsletter, SUNY Stonybrook (Spring, 1989)
- Science Fiction Forum, SUNY Stonybrook (Spring, 1989 - Present)
Download my interactive resume!
Back to my main home page